Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Your World...

What I mean by that is that you are responsible for it. It is, to this point, what you believe it to be...not necessarily what you believe it should be. It starts there (I'm pointing at your heart), with your own beliefs. Your beliefs about yourself, and your beliefs about all the things and people around you. Those very beliefs lead to the actions you take and ultimately to the results you create for yourself. It's your world. This explains the saying that, "Your world is a reflection of you." That means, if you want it to be a better world, who does it start with? Who should do better? Who should get better? You don't blame the mirror for the reflection...it's doing what it was designed to do.

Too often we find ways to blame other things and people for what's wrong with our world. Too often, as a society, we find ways to justify why we haven't become, achieved, or acquired what we desire by declaring that it's due to some unfortunate circumstance that exists in our lives. "It's the economy..." we say, or, "If only I had more money..." or, "If only I were taller and prettier..." or, "I don't have time to go back to school or start over..." or, "She messed it all up for me..." None of that is true. What's true is, if only we would take responsibility for our own happiness and success, we could have any and all things we want--right now. You have to go out and win anyway. By winning I don't mean beating someone. I mean getting what you want. You deserve it. Take responsibility for your thoughts and feelings and actions, because that's all you and no one else but you. The sooner you accept that, the sooner your world will change for the better (and by "you" I mean "we" since I deal with this every single day just like everyone else). Talk to you soon.

Donovan Bradley

No comments: