Monday, May 18, 2009

A Short Post On Love...

Love is one of those many things that can be tough to truly grasp. I think that's because it means something a little different to each of us. We have our own specific needs for it, and our own unique ways of expressing it. One thing is for certain though, we all want and need it, in some form, whether we admit it or not. In fact, it's my opinion that many of us don't get enough of it and I think I know why. There's a very easy way to get all of the love you need that many of us, for whatever reason, just seem to miss. I've come to understand that the easiest way to receive love is to GIVE love...starting with loving myself first. Not surprisingly, when I say this to most people the typical response is something like, "I can't do that! That would be selfish/conceited. I'm not like that at all!" That's not what I'm saying though. I simply mean that we usually are hard on ourselves and spend much time comparing ourselves to others (better or worse or smarter or whatever), when the truth is we all ultimately come from the same creator. We're all priceless creations (see my earlier post on "Worth" 9/19/08), and it serves us to remember that.

That said, choose to love yourself first, for love is not a finite resource in us. In fact, when we use the "muscle" it gets stronger like our other ones. Fill your cup first until it overflows, and then the abundant overflow is what you get to share with your loved ones. Then you'll never feel unloved or feel a need to strive for love because you'll always feel loved...as will others when they're around you. They will then effortlessly, naturally gravitate toward you and love you in return. Why? It's because they feel love around you and that attracts love. You will see it in everything they do and everything you do too. In feeling so loved you will be compelled to give even more love and the cycle continues and grows. So give love...to the world...starting with yourself. Just don't stop there, that's all. It works very well for me, I hope it helps. Talk to you soon...

Donovan Bradley

No comments: